The Way We Work
A tailored solution for you
Your needs are unique, and our advisers understand that no two clients are the same. So our focus is getting to know you, and ensuring you receive individually tailored advice.
That’s why the first thing we do is conduct a meeting – at our expense – to enable you to “see the whites of our eyes”. This initial meeting is all about getting to know you, your financial aims and objectives and current circumstances.
- In preparation for this, we’ll send you our Fact Finding form for you to complete and return to us, to give us a feel for your situation and objectives in advance.
- This will also give you time to find any documents, policies and other relevant information at your leisure without having to bring a wheelbarrow to the meeting!
- We will also send you our Client Agreement, which will give you a very broad idea of our costs.
- At the meeting your adviser will discuss your financial circumstances and objectives, and your attitude to risk if investments are an issue for discussion at that time.
- Suitably briefed they will send you a report with recommendations clearly set out. It is quite possible that we can quickly identify a solution to your immediate problem without you incurring any charges.
- But more typically that report will set out a plan of action, and quantify any charges that will arise.
- Once agreed, the plan can be implemented, including allowing for regular reviews, to ensure this plan keeps working for you.
It is very important that you maintain a continuing professional relationship with your adviser so we can review changes in your life and circumstances and ensure that your plan remains appropriate through the years.
Last and certainly not least, when you come in to see us for the first time we’ll need to see proof of who you are and where you live (a passport or photo driving licence, and a utility bill, will usually do).
You might not look like a drug baron, but we need to be sure!
We recommend that you maintain a continuing professional relationship with your adviser so we can review changes in your life and circumstances and ensure that your financial portfolio remains appropriate through the years.
Our Advice Process
With so many options available, how do you choose what’s right for you? To help you identify the most appropriate way to achieve your financial goals, we’ll walk you through a series of logical steps which explain the reasoning behind our recommendations.
We start getting to know you by exploring your personal and financial circumstances, goals and objectives. We discuss your investment experience, attitude to risk and specific needs.
Attitude to Risk
The investment strategy we recommend must match your attitude to risk. So we consider a number of factors, like: how much you want to invest and how long for, your existing savings, your desire to retain an ’emergency’ fund, your debts, the level of growth you want, and your attitude to short-term falls in the value of your investments.
Having assessed your needs and attitude to risk, we then make our recommendations. We discuss the options, clearly set out costs, and discuss any ongoing service.
Once you are happy with our recommendations and clear about any risks and charges, we implement the plan and, if appropriate, provide an ongoing review service.