What makes DWC stand out?
The high quality of our in-house research has enabled us to stand at the forefront of market forecasting… and more often than not be proved right!
Our willingness to back our findings by being prepared to stick our necks out – often against the tide – has won us a considerable reputation within the media, and much valued recognition as one of their ‘go-to’ IFAs for comment and analysis.
Over three decades we have anticipated problems and advised clients NOT to follow the crowd:
- Property crash in 1989: we advised clients to sell portfolios of buy-to-let and development properties. We actually sold our private homes to prove our confidence in the analysis.
- High income bonds: from the first half of the 1990’s we highlighted these as a ‘disaster waiting to happen’.
- Technology mania: we identified the technology bubble in 1998/9, though in a very small minority.
- Commercial property bubble: in 2007/8 we ensured that our clients were not in funds which were suspended or restricted withdrawals, anticipating problems to enable clients to get out with profits intact.
- Stock market bubble: from 1996 we highlighted the growing stock market risks, and increasingly took advantage of gilt and corporate bond and property funds
This is now the fourth decade in which our track record has added considerable value to the advice we give our clients.
This has not gone unnoticed by the press: DWC is regularly quoted by the Mail on Sunday, Times, Telegraph and FT to name but a few. Brian himself has also featured frequently on BBC TV and radio, Sky.
Of course, such coverage would mean little without a high degree of client satisfaction. You can see what they say in the ‘testimonial’ section of this website.
The proof of the pudding is, of course, in getting to know us – seeing if you like the DWC ‘family’ and the way we work for you. We believe that the best way to find out is by offering all prospective clients an initial meeting – at our expense and with no obligation – to see if we can be of value to you. Find out about your 30 Minute Consultation, at our expense.